The Local Supplier Questionnaire may be obtained from your local Store Manager/Food Merchandiser after he/she reviews your product and if he/she wants to sell your item(s) in their store. Two signatures required after the Supplier fills out the questionnaire completely (all blanks filled in). The store manager, and/or the District Manager’s (general merchandise) or Food Merchandiser’s ( food items) should sign the questionnaire and list the Store numbers (by District) requesting the product.
Supplier will submit completed Local Supplier Questionnaire directly to Local Purchases at the Home Office. Requirements for a Complete Packet: (address on questionnaire.)
- Dun & Bradstreet number – Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will run a “Supplier Evaluation Report” on all potential Suppliers (liquor excluded). Supplier should request a Supplier Evaluation Report be set up for their company by calling D&B at (866) 815-2749.
- UCC Membership Number – UPC scanning label is required. A copy of the letter or Certificate identifying your assigned number should be included with the sample and Questionnaire when mailed. For a Universal Code Council number call – (937) 435-3870
- Supplier Insurance Requirements A copy of your Certificate of Liability Insurance will be requested once your company has been accepted by the buyer (a fax number will be provided when the insurance certificate is required). Please do not make changes or purchase insurance until requested by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. An Accord Liability form is preferred.
Do not forward a certificate of insurance until a buyer has granted a supplier agreement, at that time, show your insurance company this information so they can provide a certificate of insurance showing the following:
- The supplier name must show exactly the same as on the supplier agreement.
- $2 Million in Product & completed operations
- $2 Million in Personal Injury & advertising injury
- $2 Million in Each Occurrence
- $2 million minimum required unless otherwise requested by insurance compliance department. Coverage is based on the risk of the product being sold. The supplier will be advised of the required liability limits.
- An excess liability or an umbrella policy may be shown to increase the primary limits.
- Insurance company must show 30 days written notice in case of cancellation.
- List as additional insured: Wal-Mart Stores Inc., its subsidiaries & affiliates
- Show as certificate holder: Wal-Mart Stores Inc., its subsidiaries & affiliates, 702 SW 8th Street, Bentonville, AR, 72716-0145
- A renewal certificate will be required to be faxed on or before the expiration date. Do not mail a hard copy.
- If the insurance policy is on a claims-made basis, other requirements must be met before any approval can be considered.
Entering onto Wal-Mart property while product is being delivered Workers’ Compensation is required. (Statutory workers’ comp laws must comply with insured’s respective state).
Employers’ Liability (entering onto Wal-Mart property):
$1 million per occurrence (waiver of subrogation is available where permitted by law).
Important: Your certificate must name The Certificate Holder as “Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., its affiliates and subsidiaries, 702 SW 8th St., Bentonville, AR. 72716”. The Description of the Operations section must read “Certificate Holder is listed as additional insured”. Notice of cancellation must be 30 days.
Notice of cancellation must be 30 days.
If the certificate of insurance does not comply with these requests, the forms will be returned and no supplier agreement will be issued until compliance is met.
Minority Certification (all minority & women-owned suppliers):
Please FAX a copy of your Minority Certificate to 479-277-2532. Please enclose in your proposal packet a copy of your Minority Certificate. If your business is minority-owned, you may be certified by the National Minority Suppliers Development Council (NMSDC), or one of its regional affiliates. If your business is woman-owned, you may be certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). If your business is both minority and woman-owned, you need only one of the previously mentioned certifications. For additional information refer to the National Supplier guidelines.
Make copies of your Local Supplier Questionnaire and Insurance Certificate. (Keep for your files)
Forward all requirements to:
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Attn: Local Purchases
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716-0145